French to English Website Translation
Translating your French website into English is an effective way to enter a new market and broaden your customer base. French to English website translation, however, is not the same as direct French to English textual translation. For your translated website to optimise well, a website translator has to have a strong understanding of online translation from a SEO perspective.
Keyword Research for French to English Website Translation
Firstly, she'll want to know where your target English-speaking customers are and she'll work with you to understand the demographics of your new target market. She'll then identify the keywords you're targeting in French.
You shouldn't expect direct translations of your French website keywords to work for your new English website. That's why a French to English website translator who knows how to do keyword research well in her mother tongue is crucial. Are you targeting the UK, the United States, Canada, Australia or a combination? In each case, the English-language keyword list will be different. A website translator will carry out in-depth keyword research for your new target market/s. This will pinpoint your high-converting equivalent keywords in, for example, the UK, New Zealand or the United States.
Strategic Keywords for French to English Website Translation
Often, those keywords will be slightly different for the UK, New Zealand or the US as the cultural backgrounds, linguistic use and buyer intents are not the same. An English person looking to buy an apartment in Paris is likely to search for 'flats for sale in Paris' while an American is more likely to type in 'condos for sale in Paris'.
Comprehensive keyword analysis involves research of English-language keyword volumes, keyword competitiveness and other factors. The result will be a specific and categorised keyword list that the translator will use strategically to optimise your French to English website translation.
She'll also write English-language optimised meta-data. These invisible on-page elements are essential for high-converting website copy. The url and these unseen elements of your web pages must be translated well for high search performance. They include your SEO page titles, meta descriptions, heading tags (H1, H2 etc) and alt-tags. This is SEO transcreation.
French to English Website SEO Transcreation
I'm a native English-speaking SEO translator and UK trained copywriter who understands search engine optimisation, marketing and digital integration. I can translate your French website or online marketing materials so that they perform well for your new English-speaking market. I'm freelance so I don't charge agency fees. I offer:
Website Transcreation From French to English
Do you need your French website translated and optimised for the UK or US or other English-speaking markets? Simple translation of your French site into English isn't enough to ensure you'll get found on google.co.uk or google.com. Your website needs SEO transcreation. I’ll help you by:
- Translating your site in preparation for SEO transcreation
- Understanding your market, audience and goals in your target English-language country
- Do keyword research analysis and optimisation for your English-speaking market
French to English Copywriting of Original Content
Do you need an original blog, new website page, landing page, sales letter or other marketing materials prepared for your English-speaking market based on your French source materials? I'll use my marketing expertise and SEO understanding to help you raise your online visibility for your English-speaking audience. The combined skills of English SEO transcreation and expert SEO copywriting will help you optimise better your content to your English-speaking market. I can help you by:
- Analysing your market, audience and goals in your target English-language country
- SEO translate your French text or write fresh content for you tailored to your English-speaking audience
- Do in-depth English-language keyword research for your new market for search engine optimisation (SEO) then use these keywords to best effect in your new original copy
French to English Website Translation: Why use my services?
- I’m fully trained in SEO writing so I'll translate and write your content for both people and Google
- I hold a Modern Languages Degree French/Spanish from Exeter University and I’ve worked and lived in France.
- From 2005-2013, I edited Gabon Magazine, a quarterly English and French bilingual publication for the West African government of Gabon. I co-ordinated its production in French and English. Each issue covered current affairs, economic issues, politics, business, ecotourism, wildlife, conservation, culture and traditions. I also contributed to Gabon's official government website.
- 2015 to present: I’m blog editor, writing on French property, legal and financial matters, architecture and more, for 56Paris Real Estate. I work from French source material into English.
- I've direct experience of working in multilingual environments.
- I've managed translation requirements for production of bilingual and dual-language publications.
If you need a SEO translator and specialist copywriter for your French to English website translation, please contact me on +44 (0) 7905916610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. As I'm freelance, you'll find my charges less than those of a translation agency. You can also fill in a few details on my contact form here to talk with no obligation about how I can help you.
Full Range of Website Content and Editorial Services (click on image)