Copywriting for the Travel and Tourism Sector
Do You Need a Copywriter:
- With first-hand experience of the travel and tourism industry?
- With clear understanding of how to write about your offer or service factually and persuasively?
- With up-to-date knowledge of how to craft relevant, effective SEO content for your website or engaging, informative blogs?
I’m a British Guild of Travel Writers' award-winning travel writer and specialist copywriter on travel and tourism. I'm a judge for the Australian Society of Travel Writers' annual awards. My work has appeared in the travel pages of scores of national newspapers and magazines. I've also worked in a PR capacity for many travel clients. Yours might be a luxury hotel group, a family holiday resort, a cottages collection, a tour operation, a visitor attraction, an airline or other transport offering. They’re all subjects I’ve covered and I’d love to tell your story to your customers.
Great Escapes For All
I know your industry. I’ve produced copy on hotels and resorts, destinations, airlines and attractions for clients everywhere from the UK, to Europe, to Africa, to the Middle East. I know how to sell your customers their dream: how to make them want to visit, smell, taste and experience what you’re offering.
- I’ve travelled worldwide on media and PR commissions. I’ve written brochures for companies that include Emirates Holidays and Qatar Airways and contributed on travel subjects to many inflight magazines. I’m also the author of travel guidebooks for Dorling Kindersley and AA Travel.
- My travel articles, hotel reviews and photography have been published or broadcast newspapers and magazines including The Sunday Times, Daily Mail, BBC, The Telegraph, Geographical, Africa Geographic, National Geographic, A Place in the Sun, Selling Longhaul, Heritage Magazine, Wanderlust and Spain Magazine and in many websites. I’ve been a regular contributor to BBC Radio 4’s From Our Own Correspondent. I’ve also edited several travel-related publications, including Everything Spain Magazine and Gabon Magazine.
British Guild of Travel Writers
I’m a member of the British Guild of Travel Writers (BGTW), the UK’s premier association for media professionals who focus on travel, and was winner of the BGTW Travel and Trade Writing Award. As BGTW PR and Press Co-ordinator, I’ve worked with many of the biggest names in the travel industry. I conceived and launched the annual BGTW Young Travel Writer Competition and I’ve run travel-writing workshops over several years as part of the Travellers' Tales Festival at the Royal Geographic Society.
Travel and Tourism Copywriting Services:
- Hotel and hospitality online and offline copywriting for your travel agency, tourism bureau, hotel or destination website
- Destination marketing materials, including email communications, visitors guides, brochures, and press releases
- Content marketing including travel blogs, landing pages, travel guides and social media posts
- Family travel: a passion for me – I’m mum to four-year-old twins!
(Click on image for individual sector)
Sound Me Out
I’m a copywriter with experience in travel and tourism. Call me on +44 (0) 7905916610 to talk through outsourcing your travel and tourism copywriting project or brief with no obligation at all. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in a few details on my contact form.